Family & Children's Service
We sponsor the family day care scheme which offers care and education for children from birth to 12 years in the safe home environment of registered educators.
Family Day Care provide flexible hours and small groups with planned programs focused on:
- helping children develop a sense of identity and confidence in a safe, secure and supported learning environment;
- connecting children with their community, developing social skills and exploring relationships;
- promoting happy and healthy children with a strong sense of well being; and
- supporting children to develop as confident and involved learners that have skills in problem solving, enquiry and experimenting.
Family Day Care also provides families with access to:
- support and assistance for children with special needs; and
- resources and links to community support services.
Hours of operation
- The coordination unit is available Monday to Friday 8:00 am to 5:00pm.
- Educators provide flexible hours.
Cost of care
Each individual educator sets an hourly fee with minimum hours of attendance. A fee subsidy is available from the Commonwealth government for eligible families. For further information contact the Family assistance office on 136 150.
National Quality Standards
The key to the National Quality Framework is continuous quality improvement. Authorised officers from each state and territory are responsible for assessing and rating education and care services against seven quality area of the National Quality Standard, this determines the quality of the service.
The overall rating for a service is determined by the combination of the ratings achieved in each Quality Area.
- Educational program and practice
- Children's health and safety
- Physical environment
- Staffing arrangements
- Relationships with children
- Collaborative partnerships with families and communities
- Leadership and service management
The Australian Children’s Education and Care Quality Authority, ACECQA, is responsible for ensuring consistency in assessment and ratings across Australia and creating awareness in the sector and community about the assessment and rating process.
Shire Family Day Care Scheme has achieved the Overall Rating: Exceeding National Quality Standard