When advertising tenders, the City of Stonnington follows the rules set out in the Local Government Act 1989.
This means that we invite tenders for contracts worth more than $150,000 for goods and services, and more than $200,000 for works.
We advertise these contracts in the Tenders section of the Saturday edition of The Age newspaper and on VendorPanel Marketplace.
Rapid Global Contractor Compliance
Stonnington City Council, along with eight other Victorian Councils, have engaged Rapid Global to provide a Contractor Compliance system.
The system requires contractors to complete an OHS questionnaire, based on the risk profile of the works they will be undertaking.
Contractors are also required to upload their key supplier documentation and certificates, such as Public Liability Insurance, Trade Licenses etc.
Advantages of Rapid Global
- Contractors will no longer have to complete an OHS questionnaire for every tender or quotation submission.
- Contractors will only need to complete the relevant OHS questionnaire and provide the key documents once.
- When deemed compliant to a risk profile, they will remain compliant for 2 years (subject to keeping certificates of insurances etc. up to date).
- Participating Councils will be sharing the one OHS and compliance assessment process.
- The questionnaire and requirements will be the same for all nine Councils. When deemed compliant with one Council, they are also deemed compliant with all participating Councils.
During the quotation or tender process, contractors will be invited to register within the pre-registration portal. If selected as Council’s preferred respondent, the contractor will pay the appropriate fee to Rapid Global and become compliant with the Rapid Global system. This fee is only payable once per annum. All costs are tax deductible.