Rubbish pick-up service
Council offers one free collection of up to 2 cubic metres per year. If you have already used your free collection, Council charges $60 for the first 2 cubic metres of rubbish, and $20 for every one additional cubic metre. Mattresses can be collected for a flat fee of $20 per mattress. The total collection fee will be automatically calculated in the request form.
Before you ask us to collect an unwanted item, can you get rid of it another way? If it's in good condition, give it to someone who could use it, otherwise, if you can get it there, take it to your nearest recycling centre
Things we can't collect
We do not collect some items. It's your responsibility to dispose of these properly at a waste and recycling centre. We don't collect:
- items that are too big or heavy for two people to move and lift safely into a vehicle
- items that are dangerous to lift, or could damage a vehicle, because of sharp edges for example
- dangerous waste like asbestos, chemicals or paint stripper
- waste left in your home by building or repair work
- laminated floorboards or kitchen worktops
- window frames, external doors and conservatories
- fencing, greenhouses, sheds or petrol lawn mowers
- tyres, gas canisters, car batteries, parts or engines.
Request a rubbish pick up